Amphibian Gear BCD Smart Pack Sidemount is the only modular sidemount BCD transformer with a wide range of application in any conceivable diving surroundings from open water to tight restrictions of overhead environment such as wrecks and caves. It is designed keeping in mind all levels of diving experience. In the design of Smart Pack Sidemount we took into account the fact that though sidemount was originally designed for technical diving it is becoming very popular with the recreational diving community. The advantages of the unloaded back area, improved buoyancy control and greater safety due to the easy access to your tank valves; first stages and alternative air source and many others made sidemount diving a trend in the recreational diving.
The key feature of the Amphibian Gear BCD Smart Pack Sidemount is that the lateral tank mounting is not the only possible way of configuration. This high-grade sidemount BCD can be configured for traditional back mount of one or two tanks or for the combination of back and lateral tank mounting. This BCD is easily assembled, disassembled and complemented by various accessories. You can assemble and configure your BCD with a standard or low profile streamlined wing depending on your needs. The wing is easily mounted on the harness and dismounted.
In professional diving there is no one correct configuration solution. Amphibian Gear leaves space for your creativity and shares with you the opportunity of individual approach in assembling your ideal Side Mount.
- Extremely adjustable and many people fit into the same size
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Four bent D-rings on the shoulder straps
- Two D-rings on the belt
- Two hose holders allow the hoses to be routed on the left or right shoulder
- Three small D-rings on each side of the harness backplate for attaching additional equipment (flashlight battery canisters, pony bottles, etc.)
- Stainless steel belt buckle
- Chest strap
- Soft backplate pad for added comfort
- Wide croatch strap (5 cm width) with two D-rings
- AG Sidemount butt-plate
- AG Sidemount W-plate (optional on the choice)
- Color Black, red, blue, camo
- Sizes XS-S, ML, XL
Smart Pack Sidemount Harness is made of high quality materials, has additional tacking seams in places of static and dynamic loads, as well as a redundant set of D-rings for your personal configurations, a wide and soft crotch strap for extra comfort, comfortable handle for easy dressing, drying and storing, side metal sliders, preventing belts fray and allowing individual fit for your figure. The Butt-plate allows the steel tanks fixation on your sides. The aluminium tanks are usually fixed to the D-rings on the belt. We recommend to choose the configuration with the W-plate option. The Amphibian Gear sidemount weight plate is designed to shift the weight from the belt area to the diver’s back to fine-tune the ideal horizontal position in the water and as a result to enjoy better streamline profile, reduced drag and efficient and easy moving and finning in the water.
The harness is compatible with all Amphibian Gear wings and any type of diving suit.
- Lift capacity – 20 lb (9.1 kg), 30 lbs (13,6 kg).
- Donut style configuration
- Lightweight, ideal for traveling diver 20 lb -1.0 kg, 30 lbs -1.1 kg
- 1680 denier nylon PU outer shell
- 420D Nylon with PU inner bladder
- Resistant to Tears, Scuffs and Abrasions
- YKK zippered closure for easy access to the inner camera
- Ultrasonically welded fittings and seams
- K-style Inflator with brass buttons located left side
- Low Profile, Round-Shaped Hose 16” (40,5 cm)
- Low profile Dump valve left side
- The valve and inflator are easily swapped when needed
- Low Pressure (LP) inflation hose included 22” (56 cm)
- Two integrated lateral sliders for wing streamlining regulation (in black colour)
More detailed description of the Amphibian Gear wings 30 lb you can find here
Available Colors: Black, red, blue, camo